The best summer job ever!
If I were 18 again and I was told that I could work for the RNLI lifeguards in Northern Ireland and the UK – I would be applying straight away! Work for the best!
- What do YOU need?
You need a National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ) or equivalent to become an RNLI lifeguard.
The NVBLQ is considered the national standard for beach lifeguarding, and was developed by experts across a number of national lifesaving organisations.
At Atlantic coast lifeguards this is the qualification we train!
- How fit do YOU need to be?
Lifeguards must be able to complete:
– a 400m pool swim in under 7½ minutes, the first 200m of which must be completed in under 3½ minutes
– a 25m pool swim underwater and a 25m surface swim consecutively in under 50 seconds
– a 200m beach run in under 40 seconds.
- Being a lifeguard
Being an lifeguard is a unique job – one that puts you at the frontline of lifesaving. Your training and skill can mean the difference between a great day on the beach, and tragedy.
- Finding and applying for the job
All you need to do is head over to the RNLI website and apply! https://summerjobs.rnli.org/lifeguards/find-a-job
Thank you to the RNLI for creating this great film on being a lifeguard #BEALIFEGUARD