Open Water Lifeguard
The Open Water Lifeguard qualification enables candidates with no previous lifeguard experience to become qualified. By attaining this qualification candidates will have been assessed as competent to provide supervision and rescue cover for planned, organised and risk-assessed activities in open water (still, non-tidal).
Option 1 – New Candidate: €295
A three day course aimed at non lifeguards wanting becoming Open water lifeguards to work in inland water ways, lake waterparks, tri events and any other non tidal open water event.
Choose New candidate option in payments
Option 2 – Bolt On Candidate: €125
A one day course aimed at qualified in date pool lifeguards to add open water lifeguard to their qualification so that they can work in inland water ways, lake waterparks, tri events and any other non tidal open water event.
Choose Bolt on qualification in payments and also send us a copy by email of your current NPLQ.
- Course must be paid for in full, 14 working days in advance of the first day of course.
- Due to limited space on each course and to the purchase of material for the candidate prior to the course, there are NO REFUNDS on deposits.
- Full course fee is nonrefundable if cancellation is less than 7 working days in advance of course start date.
- Before making a booking, please make sure you can attend your preferred date – and have also read the course pre-requisites.
- To save on transactions you also have the option of paying full course fee.
– Be 16+ years old
– Be able to complete a continuous swim of at least 400 metres in a pool
– Be able to dive to a depth of up to two metres