To become a Beach Lifeguard Trainer Assessor you will have to attend a five day course.
If successful on the course you will leave as a Probationary RLSS UK Beach Lifeguard Trainer Assessor. The probationary period is a maximum of two years from course completion. You will then be allocated a National Trainer Assessor or a Mentor.
As a Probationary Beach Lifeguard Trainer Assessor you will have to:
- Arrange an NVBLQ course by using the Master Programme. You must have a maximum of 12 candidates on the course and your Mentor or NTA has to agree for the course to go-ahead.
- You will then deliver your NVBLQ course.
- Mentor or NTA will confirm that you have ran a full NVBLQ course, have presented candidate and relevant records properly and the assessment was well planned.
- Mentor or NTA will then complete section 2 of form LG9.
- Mentor or NTA will arrange an NVBLQ assessment for you/
- You will then carry out the assessment with the Mentor present.
- If competent Mentor completes section 3 of form LG9
On completion of the probationary period a TA card of Authority will be issued.